The evaluation process for entries to the prestigious Interior Designer & Home Finishes award is based on various judging criteria which are constantly adapted to new creative, technical, social, economic and ecological requirements.
These criteria are not comprehensive and not all criteria are applicable to each design. They simply provide an orientation framework and basis for judging, which is complemented by each individual juror’s expertise and professional background.
Each member of the judging team is passionately committed to providing a fair and unbiased evaluation of all entries.
The judging criteria include the following:
- Innovation — does the design stand out, provide something new to the market or supplement/improve an existing product or service?
- Aesthetics — artistic value of the form, shape, colour, texture, finishing, engineering, material used, etc.
- Functionality — ease of use, safety and maintenance.
- Ergonomics — the overall interaction with the user.
- Durability — the quality and longevity of the design.
- Impact — the benefits delivered to the user and/or society by the design.
- Utility — does the design meet the intended purpose and needs of the user?
- Ecological compatibility — potential environmental and/or ecological impact
- Feasibility of production — how realistic is it, technically and economically, to bring this design to production and broad-scale use
- Emotional quotient (EQ) — in addition to fulfilling its practical purpose, will the design create a sense of enjoyment and satisfaction?
The Team will use a scoring scale between 1-10 points. Jury members are assigned categories based on their specific backgrounds and design expertise. All projects are viewed and judged randomly and anonymously to ensure unbiased and fair judging.
CONDITIONS FOR ENTRY
- Entry in the Interior Designer of the Year Participant will Cost Kshs. 10,000.00 for Individuals and Kshs. 80,000 for companies per nomination. This is inclusive of a VIP ticket for individuals and a VIP table for a company to the Awards ceremony.
- We welcome both self-nomination and third party nominations.
- Sales volume attained is not a criteria for consideration
- All entries must be submitted via the official Nomination email address email@example.com .
- Entries must stick to the set criteria and direction. Nominees are reminded that judges will not take into account formatting or presentation of entries.
- Nominees must include 4-6 images to support their submission (Detailed Profiles and Showcasing). Other material relevant to support the application may also be uploaded as an Appendix.
- All nominees should be prepared to attend an inspection with the judges, should it be deemed necessary.
- All nominations and contents will remain the property of the KPRA Awards Committee.
- Please note entries are for to ALL REAL ESTATE PRACTITIONERS
- The judge’s decision is final and no communication will be entered into concerning the final decision.
- KPRA reserves the right to publish the results and winner details.
- The finalists should be available to attend the presentation ceremony at the KPRA REAL ESTATE AWARDS AND INDUSTRY RECOGNITION DINNER 2022 to be held at the Trademark Hotel on 9th December 2022.
- All entries must be received by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, 22th November 2022.
Payments can be made using:
1) Paybill #614090- Account; Your Name.
2) TILL # 9462547 – or
3) By depositing to KPRA account at EQUITY BANK- Westlands Premier Branch: Account #1400260925860.
Individuals or Businesses may request an Invoice to process the payment for No later than the day of the event.
YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AND BOOK YOUR TABLE by 21st November 2022